Things happen when you least expect it...
Landlords insurance for buildings and contents may include as standard:
- loss or damage arising as a result of fire, storm, flood, falling trees, theft, malicious acts or vandalism
- your loss of rent or for providing alternative accommodation for the tenant following damage caused by an insured event.
- legal liability as owner of the buildings for causing injury to others or for damage to their property
- home emergency cover – for call-outs or repairs if you have an emergency.
Contents only cover is only available in circumstances where the buildings is tied to another insurer, such as in the case of a leasehold flat.
Landlords Insurance additional cover options
You can tailor your policy with the following optional cover:
- buildings accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants to cover you for incidents such as banging a nail through a pipe or putting a foot through the ceiling whilst in the loft and malicious damage by your tenants.
- contents accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants so you don’t have to worry about things such as spills on carpets and malicious damage by your tenants.
- legal expenses, rent guarantee and eviction of squatters cover insures you for irrecoverable costs and fees to pursue or defend claims involving breach of tenancy agreement and unpaid rent.
Please note that Landlords Insurance is designed to cover certain unforeseen events and doesn't cover everything. It does not cover things like general wear and tear or damage that happens gradually over a period of time. There is also an excess on each claim.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
We charge a fee of £495 for the straight forward mortgage application and up to £1,495 for the more complex ones. The fee will be confirmed to you prior to application.
Zebra Mortgage Centre and Zebra Money Centre are trading names of Zebra Money Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference 618018. Registered in England and Wales No: 70520888 . Registered office 1 Union Street Luton LU1 3AN. Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring.
It is our intention to provide you with a high level of customer service at all times. If there is an occasion when we do not meet these standards and you wish to register a complaint, please contact us by writing to our Customer Services Department, Zebra Money Limited, 1 Union Street LUTON LU1 3AN or by phone: 01582 450000.
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service